Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One Week to Go























In a couple of hours I'm going to be popping my first Mefloquine tabs to ward off Malaria, and this time next week I'll be in Atlanta waiting to fly out to Accra.

I got my LSAT score back, am really happy about it, and am taking care of all of the initial steps in the application process. Outside of work, I'm going to use the first month of my time in Ghana to figure out the kind of essays and personal statements I want to write.

Its going to be rough leaving Vermont, but I'm really excited for what lies ahead, Heritage House is really going to benefit from my expertise and being able to live in West Africa for a short time is something I've always wanted to do.

I'll be updating the blog as the packing starts in the next couple of days, my reading list so far is as follows:

Getting to Maybe
Black Like Me
How To Get Into The Top Law Schools
The Souls of Black Folks
All Quiet on the Western Front
The Immigrant Experience
The Rise of Globalism
Nip the Buds, Shoot the Kids

Cheers,

- Jeff

No comments: