Monday, February 22, 2010

Charlottesville


















For the last couple of days I've been living in my old room in Pika, going out with friends who are still in school.  I've been having a blast, but being here without any of my pledge brothers or people my age has been surreal.  Barring a restaurant switching a name here and there, nothing has changed in the last two years.

The massive snows have melted off during the week thanks to hot weather which has cut back the fun of four wheel driving the Jeep around the parking lot.  Tons of cars are still blocked in with snow, but I doubt that will last much longer.

I met with one of the best professors I had undergrad today about a recommendation and it looks like there is a chance he could connect me to some volunteering in Ghana.  I'd love to go back to Cape Coast again, and the blog would be very, very interesting if I lived there for more than a couple of months.  The Imam I worked with in the Zongo district of Cape Coast apparently got a lot of help through UVA and is looking for graduates to bring technical skills to the Zongo.  Neither of us knew exactly what "technical skills" implies...

Every time I come to Charlottesville I get this deep seated feeling that I'm missing out on something by not living here.  I doubt I could swing UVA for law school, but staying in the state would be a great thing for me, and if I could live here permanently 5 to 10 years from now, I'd be thrilled.

Headed off to Vermont today, should get in late tonight, get a bunch of skiing in, then go to NYC, Burlington, Boston, and LSAT class before the blog goes on a 3 month hiatus.

No comments: