Monday, February 8, 2010

SF -> Albuquerque



Perfectly cubic rainbow, just over the Colorado River in Arizona:



















Its 7am in the middle of the desert.  Yesterday I put in 17 hours behind the wheel and made it from 21st and Mission to Albuquerque NM.  I got to drive through some incredible desert in Arizona, it was raining and snowing with bits of blue sky visible the entire time.  I almost drove off the road from snow near Flagstaff.
Some of the cool things I noticed on the trip that I didn't expect were,
- Massive clean energy setups on the CA / AZ border.  Enormous wind and solar setups churning for miles
- Snow in Arizona
- Giant signs saying "Congress Created Dustbowl" in the greenest fields I've seen outside of Ireland packed with fat cows
California Central Valley:














Arizona Mountains:
















After seeing the Moavi Desert (sp?) yesterday, I'm ready for the painted rocks, long flat 90 mph stretches, and hopefully I'll make it to Dallas tonight!

Cheers,

- Jeff

No comments: